The gnuboy is a gameboy / gameboy color emulator, and now it’s ported for S60 5th edition. This was mainly made for the people who asked for gb / gbc support for gpsp. It was much easier to make by compiling a new emulator for S60 😉
- Fixed the issues with D-pad
- support for *.gbc files, so you don’t have to rename these files into .gb anymore.
- battery saves are not working, use save states instead
- SE and Samsung phones are not supported, sorry
- it’s quite unfinished, waiting for my N8 😉
Same process as with other emus:
1. First Install Qt 4.6.3 binaries into your phone
- Nokia users can just download and install this Download Qt installation package
- No samsung / SE support in this one
2. Download the gnuboy.sis
3. gnuboyrequires the SWEvent capability. The SwEvent is required for key mapping: Now you can map call/end call etc. buttons for the gnuboy usage. Therefore the following step is required to install the SW.
Go to SymbianSigned and sign the gnuboy.sis for your own phone IMEI
using free Open Signed Online option https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page/public/openSignedOnline.do this operation should be free of any charge.
Read carefully the instructions on the SymbianSigned site.
You must give them
- Your Phone IMEI (you can obtain it digiting *#06# on your phone)
- Your EMAIL Address
- gnuboy SIS Package
And then the symbiansigned should email you the signed gnuboy your phone. This package will be installable ONLY on your phone. This procedure works for all Symbian S60V5 Phones. I had also to change to date on the phone into yesterday to get it working..
The alternative method is to hack your phone! You can find pretty good instructions from MameXM download site. (scroll to the bottom of page: Signing & Installing).