the gpSP is a gameboy advance emulator originally written by Exophase. And now it’s ported to the Symbian OS!
The first gpSP4Symbian release is now ready for the testing. It already has some of the fixes that I’m taking with the AntSnes as well. This kind of sums up my Qt development strategy, since now I can use the same UI with all my emulators, so the porting process should be quicker. Also taking new updates to the UI should be a lot faster this way, since I can share UI updates between projects.
- 30fps on N97!
- cool UI with Qt
- supports a lot of ROMs
- It’s a gpsp port, so see the gpsp compatibility list before complaining about non-working ROMs
- Audio is not yet implemented (I’m waiting for new Qt release with QAudio implementation)
- loading the state freezes the emulator in some games ( don’t worry, the batterysave still works)
- Qt and SwEvent works together only on Nokia’s phones
- the emulator crashes if you try to load a ROM without setting the BIOS
- there are some limitations in the ZIP file support, so maybe you have to upzipt the ROMs
- The ZIP files seem to be eating quite a lot of RAM, so If ROM doesn’t work, try extracting it.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (PPMd) format WILL NOT work.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (bzip2) format WILL NOT work
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (Enhanced Deflate) format WILL NOT run
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Normal format WILL run
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Fast format WILL run.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Super Fast format WILL run.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip None format WILL run.
Same process as with the AntSnes:
1. First Install Qt 4.6.2 binaries into your phone: Download Qt installation package
2. Download the gpsp4symbian.sis
3. gpsp4Symbian requires the SWEvent capability. The SwEvent is required for key mapping: Now you can map call/end call etc. buttons for the gpsp usage. Therefore the following step is required to install the SW.
Go to SymbianSigned and sign the gpsp4Symbian.sis for your own phone IMEI
using free Open Signed Online option https://www.symbiansigned.com/app/page/public/openSignedOnline.do this operation should be free of any charge.
Read carefully the instructions on the SymbianSigned site.
You must give them
- Your Phone IMEI (you can obtain it digiting *#06# on your phone)
- Your EMAIL Address
- gpsp4Symbian SIS Package
And then the symbiansigned should email you the signed gpsp4Symbianfor your phone. This package will be installable ONLY on your phone. This procedure works for all Symbian S60V5 Phones. I had also to change to date on the phone into yesterday to get it working..
The alternative method is to hack your phone! You can find pretty good instructions from MameXM download site. (scroll to the bottom of page: Signing & Installing).
Download the gpsp4Symbian: gpsp4Symbian_v0.5 (85566 downloads)
Notice that there’s also newer gpsp4Symbian version available: gpsp4Symbian v. 0.6.5 (with audio)
Sources are available on Github: https://github.com/Summeli/gpSP4Cute
Remember to set the correct bios before loading ROMs. Make sure to get an authentic one , it’ll be exactly 16384 bytes large and should have the following md5sum “a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6”. The Bios extension should be .bin
Project Wiki page:
Read this before posting comments:
- Do NOT Ask where to find ROMs / Bios. Asking about these will just get you banned!
Comments powered by Disqus.