the gpSP is a gameboy advance emulator originally written by Exophase. And now it’s ported to the Symbian OS!
This version supports only Symbian^3 phones (N8, E7 etc.). The S60 5th edition users should use the older gpsp 0.6.5 for S60 5th edition
- Support for Symbian^3
- Better Audio
- alpha channel for keys is now configured at video section (not in controls panel)
- 8-directional / 4 directional DPAD
- Hidden A+B button areas
- save/load states is now working
- You can choose between 8-directional and 4-directional DPads.
- You can add hidden A+B button areas, to press both of them at once.
- Mounted shares(Dropbox etc.) breaks the filemanger, so do not use mounted shares.
- It’s a gpsp port, so see the gpsp compatibility list before complaining about non-working ROMs
- the emulator crashes if you try to load a ROM without setting the BIOS
- there are some limitations in the ZIP file support, so maybe you have to upzipt the ROMs
- The ZIP files seem to be eating quite a lot of RAM, so If ROM doesn’t work, try extracting it.
- Does not work on Nokia 500, since it doesn’t have GPU.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (PPMd) format WILL NOT work.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (bzip2) format WILL NOT work
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (Enhanced Deflate) format WILL NOT run
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Normal format WILL run
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Fast format WILL run.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Super Fast format WILL run.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip None format WILL run.
Just download and install. The installer contains a smartinstaller which will download and install Qt 4.7.3 for you if you don’t have it yet. The installer might take some time, so be patient 😉
Remember to set the correct bios before loading ROMs. Make sure to get an authentic one , it’ll be exactly 16384 bytes large and should have the following md5sum “a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6”. The Bios extension should be .bin
Compatibility list for Symbian^3 can be found at:
- Do NOT Ask where to find ROMs / Bios. Asking about these will just get you banned!