the gpSP is a gameboy advance emulator originally written by Exophase. And now it’s ported to the Symbian OS! This version is only for S60 5th edition. Symbian^3 users should use gpsp 0.7 for Symbian^3
I head from the users that the game_config.txt from the past works better than the one packaged with 0.6.5. Some say that the Pokemon Fire Red works with this game_config, while it doesn’t work with the one packages in 0.6.5. For me it seems to be working with both game_configs, so I decided to make a new package for you. Does this one work better, do we have better game compatibility, or do you prefer the one packaged with the older 0.6.5? You can reply in the comments section.
- Repacked with new game_config.txt
- not working on Symbian^3 based devices such as N8
- It’s a gpsp port, so see the gpsp compatibility list before complaining about non-working ROMs
- the emulator crashes if you try to load a ROM without setting the BIOS
- there are some limitations in the ZIP file support, so maybe you have to upzipt the ROMs
- The ZIP files seem to be eating quite a lot of RAM, so If ROM doesn’t work, try extracting it.
- Samsung blit fails when “keep aspect ratio” is ticked off
- N97 CFW: You can not use touch + call buttons at the same time with this firmware.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (PPMd) format WILL NOT work.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (bzip2) format WILL NOT work
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (Enhanced Deflate) format WILL NOT run
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Normal format WILL run
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Fast format WILL run.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Super Fast format WILL run.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip None format WILL run.
Same process as with the AntSnes:
1. First Install Qt 4.6.3 binaries into your phone
- Nokia users can just download and install this : Qt 4.6.3 for S60 5th edition (24771 downloads)
- Samsung & Sony Ericsson users: You can get the official Qt installation package from: Qt 4.6.3 for SE devices (3274 downloads)
2. Download the gpsp4symbian.sis
3. gpsp4Symbian requires the SWEvent capability. The SwEvent is required for key mapping: Now you can map call/end call etc. buttons for the gpsp usage. Therefore the following step is required to install the SW.
Go to SymbianSigned and sign the AntSnesQt sis for your own phone IMEI.
Step 1. Register to symbian signed https://www.symbiansigned.com/ Gmail / Hotmail email adresses are banned from the symbian signed site, so you must use some other email service provider.
Step 2. Sign the sis-file by yourself with the symbian signed web UI.
- Your Phone IMEI (you can obtain it digiting *#06# on your phone)
- Your EMAIL Address (Nokia’s email address is working)
- gpsp4Symbian SIS Package
And then the symbiansigned should email you the signed gpsp4Symbianfor your phone. This package will be installable ONLY on your phone. This procedure works for all Symbian S60V5 Phones. I had also to change to date on the phone into yesterday to get it working..
The alternative method is to hack your phone! You can find pretty good instructions from MameXM download site. (scroll to the bottom of page: Signing & Installing).
Download the new gpsp 0.6.5+ with improved game_config.txt gpsp_065_repacked (6419 downloads)
Or if you prefer the older game_config.txt you can donwload the previous version: gpsp_v065 (56818 downloads)
Sources are available on Github:https://github.com/Summeli/gpSP4Cute/tree/S60_5th_edition
Remember to set the correct bios before loading ROMs. Make sure to get an authentic one , it’ll be exactly 16384 bytes large and should have the following md5sum “a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6”. The Bios extension should be .bin
Compatibility list for S60 5th edition can be found at:
- Do NOT Ask where to find ROMs / Bios. Asking about these will just get you banned!