the gpSP is a gameboy advance emulator originally written by Exophase. And now it’s ported to the Symbian OS!
I head from the users that the game_config.txt from the past works better than the one packaged with 0.7.2. Some say that the Pokemon Fire Red works with this game_config, while it doesn’t work with the one packages in 0.7.2. For me it seems to be working with both game_configs, so I decided to make a new package for you. Does this one work better, do we have better game compatibility, or do you prefer the one packaged with the older 0.7.2? You can reply in the comments section.
This version supports only Symbian^3 phones with Symbian Belle refresh installed (N8, E7 etc.). The old Symbian Anna users should still use the older gpSP 0.7. The S60 5th edition users should use the gpsp 0.6.5 for S60 5th edition
- Repacked with new game_config.txt
- You can choose between 8-directional and 4-directional DPads.
- You can add hidden A+B button areas, to press both of them at once.
- Mounted shares(Dropbox etc.) breaks the filemanger, so do not use mounted shares.
- It’s a gpsp port, so see the gpsp compatibility list before complaining about non-working ROMs
- the emulator crashes if you try to load a ROM without setting the BIOS
- there are some limitations in the ZIP file support, so maybe you have to upzipt the ROMs
- The ZIP files seem to be eating quite a lot of RAM, so If ROM doesn’t work, try extracting it.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (PPMd) format WILL NOT work.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (bzip2) format WILL NOT work
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Maximum (Enhanced Deflate) format WILL NOT run
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Normal format WILL run
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Fast format WILL run.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip Super Fast format WILL run.
- Roms ziped in the WinZip None format WILL run.
Just download and install.
Sources are available on Github: https://github.com/Summeli/gpSP4Cute
Remember to set the correct bios before loading ROMs. Make sure to get an authentic one , it’ll be exactly 16384 bytes large and should have the following md5sum “a860e8c0b6d573d191e4ec7db1b1e4f6”. The Bios extension should be .bin
Compatibility list for Symbian^3 can be found at:
- Do NOT Ask where to find ROMs / Bios. Asking about these will just get you banned!